There are four programming sessions within each calendar year, structured around the seasons. The Winter session runs from January – March, the Spring session from April – June, Summer session from June – August and the Fall session from September – December. We do not run a formal summer session though we do offer some programs through the summer; check the program schedule.
We have annual events scheduled at the beginning of each programming season to offer our members and our community opportunities to come together and celebrate the start of each new season, register for programs and to purchase their membership (renewal in August).
The following programming policies are designed to facilitate the programming process for all involved:
Registering for a program
- Registration fees must accompany registration forms in advance of the program start date, whenever possible. As many of our programs fill up to capacity, this will ensure that you will have a spot in the program of your choice. This also ensures that the program of your choice will run, in the case of low numbers.
- Registration fees will be accepted on the first day of class, however PAL’s staff must be made aware of your intention to do so. **Whenever possible, please register well in advance of the first day of class so that we can adequately prepare for the session. Thanks in advance for your consideration in this regard!
- Drop-ins to instructor lead classes are allowed.
- $5.00 drop in fee is applied Paid at the time of class
- Only if the class is not full
- Must be a member of PAL (55+)
- If you need to withdraw from a program prior to the first day of classes, you will be reimbursed your full fees paid.
- If you cancel your registration during the second week of classes, you will be reimbursed the remaining portion of your fees paid less a $5 administration charge.
- We cannot offer refunds after the second week of classes except in the case of medical emergencies. Refunds are not guaranteed.
- All requests for refund should be made to the Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pro rated membership fee is available to NEW members only who are applying for membership after March 1st. The cost is $15.00
- Exceptions to the above may be considered for programs that are running below capacity and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- See Drop-ins section above
PAL (55+) reserves the right to cancel any program which does not meet the minimum requirements for registration. A full refund will be issued in the case of program cancellation.