Land Declaration: “PAL (55+) operates on the original lands of the Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.”
The mission of Pembina Active Living (55+) is to enhance the quality of life for older adults in South Winnipeg.
Pembina Active Living (55+) is a home away from home where older adults can experience a sense of community, inclusion and well-being through participation in leadership, innovative programming, active living and leisure pursuits.
- That people are our greatest asset
- In the health and well-being of all older adults
- That diversity in culture, generations and life experiences promotes respect, toleranceand acceptance
- That active living and social inclusion will enhance the quality of life for older adults
- In strong community partnerships that support and strengthen our goals
- In the need for strong leadership with the organization
- In environmental stewardship
- To deliver programs and services that respond to the diverse and changing needs of older adults in the community.
- To develop innovative approaches to programming using a participatory model.
- To provide opportunities for companionship and friendship.
- To provide opportunities to use the skills, experiences and resources that older adults bring from life experiences to help themselves, associates and the whole community.
- To attract older adults with an atmosphere of warmth, comfort and encouragement.
- To develop partnerships and collaborate with agencies in developing an integrated system of services.
- To promote positive inter generational relationships.