We have annual events scheduled at the beginning of each programming season to offer our members and our community opportunities to come together and celebrate the start of each new season as well as to offer opportunities for people to observe demos of our new programs, register for programs and to purchase their membership.
Registrations are accepted at all of our events, through the mail, or through the office assistant at the Whyte Ridge Community Centre during regular programming hours at that site.
The following programming policies are designed to facilitate the programming process for all involved:
Registering for a program
- Registration fees must accompany registration forms in advance of the program start date, whenever possible. As many of our programs fill up to capacity, this will ensure that you will have a spot in the program of your choice. This also ensures that the program of your choice will run, in the case of low numbers.
- Registration fees will be accepted on the first day of class, however PAL’s staff must be made aware of your intention to do so. **Whenever possible, please register well in advance of the first day of class so that we can adequately prepare for the session. Thanks in advance for your consideration in this regard!
- Drop-ins are not the same as drop-in programs as listed above. Drop-ins refers to the occasional request by a member to ‘sample’ a program before making a decision to register for the program.
- PAL (55+) can not accommodate drop-ins for any of its programs at this time. If you are unsure about a program, please register and pay your fees in advance. If you decide, after the first day of classes, that the program is not for you, and if you withdraw from the program prior to the second week of class, then you will be reimbursed the remaining portion of your program fees less a $5 administrative charge.
- Please understand that, at this stage of our development, PAL (55+) simply does not have the capacity to accommodate drop-ins. At a later date, perhaps with a building of our own and more paid staff to manage it, we may be able to re-consider this policy. Thanks for your understanding!
- If you need to withdraw from a program prior to the first day of classes, you will be reimbursed your full fees paid.
- If you cancel your registration during the second week of classes, you will be reimbursed the remaining portion of your fees paid less a $5 administration charge.
- We cannot offer refunds after the second week of classes except in the case of medical emergencies. Refunds are not guaranteed.
- All requests for refund should be made to the Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAL (55+) is unable to accommodate requests for the pro-rating of fees at this time. Full fees will be paid for all programs regardless of when you are able to start the program.
- Exceptions to the above may be considered for programs that are running below capacity and will be considered on a case by case basis.